ALPINESTARS TECH 10 BOOT
The exciting new 2024 Alpinestars range is here. For over 45 years Alpinestars has been delivering exceptional quality motocross gear to moto lovers all around the world who value top quality craftsmanship at a reasonable price. When it comes to investing in premium MX gear that will have you doing your victory laps in style then opt to wear a brand that is synonymous with quality and performance.
The Tech 10 has set the standard for Motocross boot performance and protection for well over a decade. The completely redesigned Tech 10 boot raises the performance envelope even further. Perfection through innovation; while maintaining the iconic Tech 10 look, the new boot represents an entirely new approach - improving its ability to give a rider the ultimate in feel, comfort and safety.
The Tech 10’s re-design has been guided by three priorities as the Alpinestars technical footwear development team looked to improve overall functionality, performance and safety, decrease weight and reduce material volume. Maximizing these priorities is the key achievement of the new Tech 10 and the result is an all new boot with a greater range of movement and flexibility while offering better control over the flexion and torsion forces that significantly improve boot performance, giving the rider greater confidence and protection.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY, PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY
The Tech 10’s comfort is legendary and a key feature in making the boot a pleasure to wear in all conditions. A key objective was maintaining the boot’s feel while enhancing its performance, functionality and safety.
The most significant upgrades to the Tech 10 performance are unique technologies: The Frontal Flexion Control Frame, the Asymmetrical Dual-pivot Arms, the patented Dynamic Heel Compression Protection Shock Absorber which is integrated into a redesigned foot shell and the slimmer, more streamlined, outsole.
The Tech 10 is lighter, a result of Alpinestars technicians studying all the boot components and their connections – how the boot comes together. A re-design of every single one of those components has been undertaken to reduce volume and weight.
New material composites have been created that are lighter in weight and more durable to ensure they hold up to the rigors of off-road riding. The new, cold-forged, aluminum buckles are a result with an easier to operate, more durable and self-aligning closure that offer a positive hold across the upper surfaces of the boot. The result has yielded over 400 grams (almost 1lb) in weight reduction for the new Tech 10.
REDUCED MATERIAL VOLUME
The design also reduces the Tech 10’s profile and physical size. It is more streamlined with newer, lighter, more durable composite materials and a more integrated approach to the construction of the components which dynamically enhance the chassis of the boot and utilize more advanced bonding processes.
- Medial and lateral double pivot system for improved levels of flexibility and precision control.
- Engineered front flexion control dampens and absorbs impact energies.
- Co-injected for strength and structure, exclusive TPU and rubber compound panels provide superb levels of grip contact, durability and heat resistance.
- Innovative material construction ensures panels are lighter, anatomically profiled, and reduced in thickness.
- The contoured calf protector ergonomically wraps around rear leg and is constructed from a dual density compound rear blade system to offer progressive dampening of excessive torsional forces.
- TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
- Dual compound removable anatomic footbed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
- Innovative, lightweight upper combines advanced lightweight microfiber and impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
- Footshell features five different compounds in a single lightweight piece to offer strength while maintaining flexibility and structural integrity.
- Footshell incorporates heel and toe protection, and is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, adding to the boot's overall durability.
- Footshell includes integrated shank for support and structural integrity.
- Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus hook and loop fasteners for a precise fit closure attached securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle.
- Shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
- Shin plate features new anatomic design for reduced surface area and weight-saving.
- Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
- Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates antisliding suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot
- Tech 10 boot is CE certified